Chat at the Treehouse about Mitt and Mormonism @JennyHatch

I was really pleased by the respectful conversation I had today at The Conservative Treehouse.

Sundance posted the above article and a portion of the comments are pasted below.

Enjoy!

February 16, 2018 at 1:14 pm
I am a Mormon and have spent many years thinking about my people and our relationship to American Politics.
Mitt has already won the Utah Senate seat so let that be a starting point to my thoughts.
1. Mormons are bilingual because of missions and develop deep emotional ties to the people they serve for two years. So the up and comings sons and grandsons of people like Romney and Huntsman have been very involved in globalism and multi-national corporations these past thirty years. So Trump comes along and says he is going to make things fair for all Americans and all these guys think about is all the young mormon families they know living the good life being decimated by America First reforms.

2. Mormons place a huge emphasis on Education, especially higher ed, and a certain level of status is given to those who attend the ivy league. These people, especially women, almost all skew leftist progressive and they are revolted by Trumps bad manners, profanity, and immortality. When you see the media hold the Clintons up as adoring grandparents, it is mormon women who consume this swill.

3. Mormons are incredibly naive and believing. When Romney gave his big Anti Trump speech my people listened, heard, and jumped into action supporting McMullin. I witnessed this all over social media and blogs. I wrote a response to Mitt: https://jennyhatch.com/2016/03/07/a-mormon-mommy-blogger-responds-to-mitt-romney/

4. To the mormon people the Romneys are the annointed. I grew up in the same mormon stake as Mitt in Detroit. During my whole adult life whenever I mentioned that my parents were friends with George and Lenore Romney, Mitts parents, there was this hilarious reverence, like I had met the pope. Don’t get me wrong, the Romneys are a wonderful family, but as a free born American Woman I am not into worshipping government officials.

5. Going forward I plan to observe all former never Trumpers with an extra level of scrutiny and skepticism, but at the end of the day if someone is willing to work with GEOTUS to MAGA I would hope we are not so dumb to throw the proverbial baby out with the bath water and have some purity test that no one will ever be able to pass.

6. My biggest concern with Romney is his ties to the pharmaceutical companies. This needs to be watched VERY closely.
I have many more thoughts on this topic, but I am on my phone and my thumbs hurt.
I love my faith and my people. Mormons are good hearted, busy, anxiously engaged parents and grandparents who tend to be patriotic and live by the charge found in our scriptures to seek out the honest and wise to represent us in government.

Liked by 20 people

Peoria Jones says:
February 16, 2018 at 1:23 pm
Thank you (and your thumbs) for this enlightening contribution.!

Liked by you and 5 other people

February 16, 2018 at 1:49 pm
You are welcome!

the5thranchhand says:
February 16, 2018 at 4:06 pm
It is really, really hard to support globalism and be patriotic at the same time, isn’t it??

jahealy says:
February 16, 2018 at 4:50 pm
My 2 cents: I suspect many people we would describe as globalists actually have no clue what globalism has done to the middle and working classes of this country. Unfortunately, it has been drilled into several generations of U.S. residents that loving other cultures and countries is preferable to loving their own.

Liked by 3 people

lokiscout says:
February 16, 2018 at 5:42 pm
Well said!

rsmith1776 says:
February 16, 2018 at 1:27 pm
“Trumps bad manners, profanity, and immortality”
President Trump has been known to utter the occasional, humorous and always well-justified profanity, but nobody yet accused him of seeking immortality.
(-;

Liked by you and 4 other people

February 16, 2018 at 1:45 pm
IMMORALITY.
My bad!
Thanks for giving me a chuckle…hopefully we are all seeking immortality…and exclusively to us mormons…EXALTATION!

Liked by 5 people

rsmith1776 says:
February 16, 2018 at 1:50 pm
Jenny, I was just teasing, we all make spelingg erorss, eccept for me.

Liked by 7 people

rsmith1776 says:
February 16, 2018 at 1:54 pm
I’ll also add that the real immoral one is Romney here. His robot façade of family man and aged altar boy means nothing compared to the incredible betrayal of the whole nation, through his cowardice and, quite possibly, deliberate treason.
I am one of those who believe, with ample reason, that Romney didn’t choke in front of Toxic Candy Crowley – he obeyed orders to deliberately THROW the election to Soetero, the same as John McCain, the other traitor, did.

Liked by you and 8 other people

February 16, 2018 at 2:32 pm
I like to believe he is not that evil.
But I just don’t know. He has it in him to be an attack dog. Imagine how the 2012 election would have gone had he deconstructed Obama the same way he tried to do with Trump?
With the media chomping at the bit for his big mistep to prove his “inherent” mormon racism, he prob felt like he couldn’t do it.
That binders of women and 47% is all they could get..

Liked by 3 people

Kolob says:
February 16, 2018 at 5:19 pm
Hi Jenny,

I am a church member as well, but a convert so I have a different take. I do believe Mitt believes in himself. You know how small the church world is. One of Mitt’s mission companions is a friend of a friend. He had planned to be president since his mission. He really believes he is smarter and better than the rest of us. This is his achilles heel because he is well meaning, but terribly naive. Mitt has never worked a dirty job or socialised with the 47%. I have lived in all kinds of neighborhoods including higher end like west LA. You are very right about the overall, but many of us are either from other cultures, have lived out of state, or worked dirty jobs. I come from all three. There is a brewing revolution among the members. Before the election I knew almost no members who publicly supported Trump, but many who did privately. Now all I hear (I live in Utah now) is how they hate Trump’s language, but he is getting things done and fulfilling the promises like getting Neil Gorsuch in. Most did not believe he would be as conservative as he said. I believe Trump’s support in Utah is way higher now than it was during the campaign. I am even seeing people turn on McMuffin. We have hope, but not if we give in before we even try. If someone can run clips of Mitt side by side praising Trump when taking his money, then denigrating him later, I think Mitt could lose the nomination here.

Liked by 4 people

February 16, 2018 at 2:27 pm
I put spelling and grammatical errors into my blog posts just to mess with the trolls!
What is particularly delicious about my malaprop is that we mormons joke among ourselves about how we mess up that particular combination ALL THE TIME.
I have so much respect for President Trump and his family that I personally believe it was a freudian slip.

Liked by 4 people

Larry Bucar says:
February 16, 2018 at 1:31 pm
Romney is a swamp creature from the deepest end. Wears a Christian facade wrapped around a Mormon decaying ideolody. Too bad for the suckers calling themselves Mormons and the MAGA America 1st tidalwave. We’ll just have to flood him over with the TRUTH of the gospel of Jesus Christ and not the lies of BY + JS + Satan.

Liked by you and 1 other person

February 16, 2018 at 1:48 pm
Did you know mormons believe that up in heaven Satan and Jesus were BROTHERS?
Chuckling…

Cuppa Covfefe says:
February 16, 2018 at 1:58 pm
Jesus isn’t chuckling…

Liked by 3 people

diddle40 says:
February 16, 2018 at 2:38 pm
Agreed. What blasphemy!

Liked by 3 people

Evelyn says:
February 16, 2018 at 3:52 pm
In the Gospel of John (and elsewhere throughout the scriptures) we learn that Jesus was the Word of God who spoke the created universe into existence, both seen and unseen (i.e. angels). What reasoning does Mormonism put forth to somehow equate the Word of God with a fallen angel?

Liked by 2 people

AM says:
February 16, 2018 at 6:40 pm
As a Catholic, I would rather not get into religious wars on CTH. I find it counterproductive when it happens to me. Jenny Hatch just gave us a wonderful insight into her own community. Please let’s just roll with it.

Liked by you and 2 other people

bearsgrrr says:
February 16, 2018 at 9:29 pm

Liked by you

lastinillinois says:
February 16, 2018 at 1:32 pm
Great post Jenny Hatch.
Just 1 question:
5. “….if someone is willing to work with….”
Has Romney made a statement that he is willing to work with Pres Trump?

Liked by you and 2 other people

February 16, 2018 at 1:47 pm
I do not know. I would hope so…

BobbiD says:
February 16, 2018 at 2:09 pm
Is this why Rat Romney picked Park City, Utah as his ‘Never Trump’ meetings??? Okay, your one of the cult followers, (Mormons), but leave your cult followings OUT of politics!!!
Rat Romney is a ‘carpetbagger’ when it comes to running for a Senator from Utah…he lives in California, came from Mass. and was Gov. there…so if he wants to run for a Senate seat then California would be a better place for him to do so…might help California in their government right now, but NOT IN UTAH!!!
I don’t care about his crooked father and the rest of his ‘family’ Utah is a good place, and all the garbage you are trying to spew is not working with this Utah person, ME, who by the way was born and raised in this valley…
The Church, as you people call it, is a Global Institution, and we have a lot of different types of people here, but just being a ‘cult follower’ shouldn’t be one of them!!!
I WILL NOT VOTE FOR RAT ROMNEY NOR A DEMOCRAT!!! As you cannot be a ‘cult follower’ or a democrat and believe in God.

yy4u says:
February 16, 2018 at 2:37 pm
Mitt’s father, George, was an Anti-Reaganite. Genetic. These are Globalist Elitists who care nothing for the United States. They are citizens of the world so long as they aren’t expected to join the hoi polloi and can live in their ivory castles.

Liked by 4 people

Patsy says:
February 16, 2018 at 2:47 pm
He will oppose POTUS every step of the way.

Liked by 6 people

wolfmoon1776 says:
February 16, 2018 at 3:30 pm
Afraid you’re right.

Liked by 6 people

MaineCoon says:
February 16, 2018 at 6:02 pm
Yes he had and I will never support him until he support POTUS, which he never will. He is a backstabber, disloyal person – never to be trusted.

WVNed says:
February 16, 2018 at 1:38 pm
Oh Hi. We are great people and to prove it we are going to send this evil corrupt man to Washington.
K thanx

bye.
Praise God.

Bonitabaycane says:
February 16, 2018 at 1:39 pm
Jenny Hatch: Great insightful post. If I may ask, why haven’t you taken the same position as other Mormons? What made you depart from the seemingly “Mormon” position on our President?

Liked by you and 2 other people

February 16, 2018 at 2:07 pm
I am a free thinker.
I am also a news junkie and a founding mother of the Tea Party: http://www.michaelpatrickleahy.com/teapartyfounders.html
While my mormon sisters redecorated in the 80’s and 90’ I watched C-Span and read alternative media.
I used to go to the library and check out stacks of non fiction books written by Schlaffly, Sowell, Hayek, Mises, Coulter, Horowitz, and more.
I did not graduate from BYU, so skipped the socialist brainwashing (I was studying musical theatre) got married really early, had a baby and a mental breakdown that opened my eyes to the coercive power of Psychiatry.
I wrote about my political history on my blog:
Thunbs hurting again…

Liked by 7 people

February 16, 2018 at 2:16 pm
Thumbs recovered…
I heard Trump make public statements connecting vaccines to autism.
I knew he was not being funded by anyone, especially pharma.
So, I endorsed him loudly on my blog as a one issue voter:
I fully expect him and his justice department to expose the CDC and get their whistleblower William Thompson testifying before congress.
This NEVER would have happened with either major party candidate.

Liked by 10 people

lastinillinois says:
February 16, 2018 at 3:00 pm
Jenny Hatch, I have to say you are quite the independent thinker.
AND researcher.
well done kid.

Liked by you and 3 other people

February 16, 2018 at 3:11 pm
Wow, thanks
Most of the time I start typing or talking and people run screaming like their butts are on fire..
I am a fifty year old grandma, but anyone who calls me “kid” is my pal.

Liked by 4 people

Snow White says:
February 16, 2018 at 4:04 pm
Jenny, you’re a gem. Keep up the good work. I’m so hoping under President Trump tge wretched National Childhood Vaccine Injury act of 1986 is reversed. Big pharma needs to be held accountable not have immunity. Do people know that all the money paid to vaccine injured victims come from taxpayers not pharmaceutical companies? It’s to the tune of billions.

Liked by you and 3 other people

February 16, 2018 at 4:09 pm
The vaxxed documentary is on Netflix. It lays the whole story out…

Bonitabaycane says:
February 16, 2018 at 3:32 pm
Jenny: Thank you for your insight and willingness to share your personal perspective. I am just an average white guy……okay…..below average white guy :), who loves our President. I supported him from day one not on any one issue, but on my belief he was a strong American who loves this country as much as I do and loves its people. I truly believe he is our best last hope to help save our country.

Liked by you and 1 other person

February 16, 2018 at 4:06 pm
Me too…
Not the white guy part.
Just the last best hope part.
I have felt more hope for my five children this past year than ever before in my adult life.
As things sunk lower and lower each year as I mothered first my babies and then teens I grew increasingly hopeless that we were going to lose it all and just morph into a medical police state.
I read the news every day with GLEE!

Liked by 2 people

Kolob says:
February 16, 2018 at 5:27 pm
There is something you have to understand about Utah, it was settled by scandinavians. In their culture they never publicly make waves. This is why Trump polled much lower than the election results showed. Without McMullin he would have had a landslide here and if the election were held again today he would win in a landslide, but people are very private about what they think and will not make a public stink. Trump has far more support here since changes like shrinking Bear’s Ears and Grand Staircase Escalante. Nominating Gorsuch was extremely popular. Now that the hysteria about him has been proven false large numbers of people are coming around. We truly do not vote as a body, we even have a progressive I go to church with.

Liked by 2 people

thehouseonmstreet says:
February 16, 2018 at 1:44 pm
You left out one characteristic of Mormons which I have observed in a number of them. They are very self righteous and condescending toward other faiths. Filling up your storehouse with canned tomatoes and peaches in not what Christ taught, but it gives them bragging rights. If Trump helps this worm campaign, then no one had better ever question his faith as it’s going to take a lot of it to speak positively about someone who used you and then went on national tv and ripped your character to shreds.

Sandra-VA says:
February 16, 2018 at 2:02 pm
You would do well to study how Mormons help those in need…
I worked for a large company in Utah and was a frequent visitor to the state and had MANY Mormon friends.
Your statement is ill-willed and uninformed.

Liked by 4 people

thehouseonmstreet says:
February 16, 2018 at 4:09 pm
My statement is based on personal experience with a local family whose children were classmates. The father was a doctor, the miother a former Miss Utah and I know of what I speak with respect to my interaction with them. My statement is not ill-willed. I was pointing out that Mitt Romney is exactly like this couple and I certainly am not ill informed about my own experiences.

Kolob says:
February 16, 2018 at 5:29 pm
Before I met my husband all the Mormons I knew were demonstrably awful people. I know where you are coming from, but you need a larger sample size. We don’t kick people out of the church for being self-righteous prigs. I am sorry you had to deal with that.

Liked by you and 1 other person

thehouseonmstreet says:
February 16, 2018 at 5:45 pm
For the record since you need more evidence of my opinion of Mitt Romney, my husband was CEO of a company owned by Bain Capital and had met with Mitt a number of times and supported him in his run against Obama (which he threw by the way). Neither of us were ignorant by standers. On the day he gave the speech trashing Trump we both watched it live. My husband said “I cannot believe this is the same man I thought I knew and supported”. We came away that day with an entirely different view of Romney’s character and neither of us would ever be caught at a voting booth casting a vote for that snake again. I have said all I need to say. I did not want to start my comments off with how I had a more personal view of Romney than most, but the comments suggesting that I have character flaws because of my comments will not stand.

MaineCoon says:
February 16, 2018 at 6:21 pm
I personally think you have nailed who Romney is and what he did at Bain Capital. The difference is that you know it from a very personal experience, but it jives with what I have read.
I consider Romney to be very, very low character and actions do not follow the written Holy Bible. The one aspect of the Mormon faith which is admirable to me is their mandatory mission program. Sadly, Romney did not have the same heart to serve those employed at Bain Capital as those he serviced in the mission field at a young age. A Christian serving Christ does not dis-serve hundreds of people for his own personal financial gain and their extreme financial loss and loss of jobs. Money was an is his god, imo.

thehouseonmstreet says:
February 16, 2018 at 5:46 pm
By the way, Kolob, my last comment was meant for several other people not necessarily for you directly, but I hope you get the picture. As to the Miss Utah, insufferable can’t quite describe it.

February 16, 2018 at 10:52 pm
There are a ton of overly medicated mormons. That whole naivety thing is upped to the nth degree when doctors and Big Pharma are thrown into the mix.
Mormons worship the medical profession. At least, some of them do.
Utah is the antidepressant and plastic surgery capitol of America.
When you meet an upity Mormon it’s the behavior meds talkin, the unmedicated ones are really nice!
Jenny

thehouseonmstreet says:
February 16, 2018 at 4:12 pm
I don’t doubt that Mormons help the needy as members of all other faiths. I could care less who they help – Romney belongs to them, they have embraced his lies and deceit so I must assume that they have no problem with what he did to Donald Trump.

. InAz says:
February 16, 2018 at 2:52 pm
Not all Mormons are as you describe. What religion are you? I bet I can find plenty to bash about your religion, especially because of what I endured by “good Christians” while growing up. Talk about self righteous. Thanks to social media the hate and prejudice is more exposed. Kettle meet Pot.

vfm#7634 says:
February 16, 2018 at 2:04 pm
It’s very telling that the Mormons are so NeverTrump while evangelical Christians backed Trump almost wholeheartedly.
Mormons may be a fine people, but they need to convert to Christianity.

jcl says:
February 16, 2018 at 2:05 pm
Jenny Hatch, thank you for this. Very enlightening about a voting block that I did not understand before. Much to learn.

Liked by you and 1 other person

carole says:
February 16, 2018 at 2:18 pm
Please explain how Harry Reid fits into this Mormon model? And Mitt Romney? Both are two-faced, manipulative, lying snakes. I dated a Mormon boy in college and he was as nice, honest and moral as could be — nothing like those two. ugh.

February 16, 2018 at 2:41 pm
There are a ton of mormon progressives who believe in new deal government programs.

Liked by 3 people

AM says:
February 16, 2018 at 6:44 pm
I find that fascinating about Mormon culture. I know why my own culture is decaying from the inside, but that it’s happening to Mormons, too is just strange to me.

Kolob says:
February 16, 2018 at 5:34 pm
Some Christians think Christ’s plans for helping and compassion should be instituted by the government. They do not grasp the disconnect between willing giving and giving at gunpoint. Also snakes in the grass are attracted to politics. Joe Biden and many others are practicing Catholics and being raised Catholic they sure don’t represent the best of their faith.

Many members are very distressed by these poor representatives of our faith just as many Catholics are distressed by their current pope. I suspect we could find similar examples in every large group of people. Our biggest weakness as a church is that people who are completely honest think everyone else is too. My lawyer in Salt Lake told me she will not do business with people who bring up their church membership on first meeting as it is a sign they are crooked.

Liked by 2 people

AM says:
February 16, 2018 at 6:47 pm
“They do not grasp the disconnect between willing giving and giving at gunpoint.” Yes, Catholics have fallen into the same trap. 1st part of the 20th century we were fighting communists. 2nd half of same century way too many “Catholics” were communists.
“My lawyer in Salt Lake told me she will not do business with people who bring up their church membership on first meeting as it is a sign they are crooked.” This would be a truism about human nature, not just Mormons.

Liked by 2 people

Lurker2 says:
February 16, 2018 at 2:22 pm
But in the end, in the general election, they voted for Trump. Clinton even beat McMullin.
Trump 45.5%

Clinton 27.5%

McMullin 21.5%

February 16, 2018 at 2:40 pm
Not everyone in Utah is mormon…

Liked by 2 people

SharkDiver says:
February 16, 2018 at 3:34 pm
LOL…Sometimes stating the obvious is the best approach.

zephyrbreeze says:
February 16, 2018 at 2:31 pm
McMullin got a very small percentage of the vote. The rest of us were repulsed by his attack on Trump, and then his snakelike behavior when Trump invited him to dinner.

. InAz says:
February 16, 2018 at 2:36 pm
Thank you Jenny. I am Mormon, raised where I was a minority in religion and race, even though I am as dark skinned as many Hispanics. I am Middle East descent, my last name is Syrian – Persian. I was constantly bullied and ostracized because of my religion. These same people who bullied me, both kids I was in school with AND adults, smiled to my parent’s faces and stabbed them in the back.

I was the only Mormon the last three years of my high school years.
I went to church with relatives of Mitt Romney, in West Texas and New Mexico where I was raised and consider my home states. I have met Romney’s that live in Colonia Juarez. Just a few months ago a Romney family moved in to my Ward. I do not like them, but to be fair there are many other Mormons I do not like. There are other people I do not like and it has nothing to do with religion. But it would be very easy to bring their religion into the equation.
You people who always bring up the religious beliefs of Mormons to bash and mock need to stop. It happens every time a Mormon politician is the subject, and occasionally when Mormons are not the subject.
Every religion can be bashed and mocked for something. And by definition every religion is a Cult. By calling Mormonism a cult is no different than the Democrats using the race card.
Every religion has a hive mentality. I witnessed it by the Catholics where I grew up. It was and still is the dominate religion. Every religion in town where I grew up stuck to their own.

Liked by you and 8 other people

sunnydaze says:
February 16, 2018 at 2:45 pm
I’m with you on the Quit Bashing Mormons memo, Az.
It’s disgusting and accomplishes absolutely zero, zip, nada.
People who spew it are only showing their extreme ignorance. But frankly, I’m sick of it coming up every single time a Mormon is mentioned.
There’s PLENTY to be disgusted about when it comes to Mitt Romney.
I could care less about his religious beliefs.

Liked by you and 3 other people

. InAz says:
February 16, 2018 at 2:59 pm
Thank you. I know many non Mormons where I live who love Romney. When they find out I do not support Romney they are baffled.
A woman I once worked with told me I changed her mind about lumping all Mormons together, and made her think about lumping other people together because beliefs or whatever. She asked me why I was different from the Mormons where I live. Unfortunately she passed away three years ago. We became great friends. I miss her.

Kolob says:
February 16, 2018 at 5:37 pm
Most of the time people assume I am not a Mormon because their ideas are so fixed. Makes me nuts, but what can you do? I know few people who fit the stereotypes even though I live in Utah. I think part of the problem is that people think whoever makes the most noise represents everyone.

hoghead says:
February 16, 2018 at 3:09 pm
I love the Lord and have been walking with Him for many decades. So, when given the choice to vote for a Mormon or a communist for president back in ’12, I considered how many millions of people were murdered by the Mormons in the 20th century? That was easy.

Liked by you and 1 other person

February 16, 2018 at 3:17 pm
Communist, yes.
Romney is a corporatist and even a globalist as most of the elites in Mormondom are, but he is not a commie.
And while everyone keeps claiming Obama is a muslim, they get that wrong.
He is a Luciferean. He worships Lucifer. When that fully comes out we will truly be able to move forward as a nation.

Liked by 3 people

Deb says:
February 16, 2018 at 3:29 pm
But you see, globalism is nothing more than a form of global communism. It simply places much of the control in the hands of corporations, but these “corporate leaders” like Romney do the will of the global communist party elite.
There’s more than one way to skin a cat. They couldn’t overthrow our government, so they slowly subverted our economy and our education system. Communism is slavery, and the slave masters really don’t care what means they need to use to achieve their goals, they just want control.

Liked by you and 1 other person

February 16, 2018 at 4:17 pm
I sort of agree with you, but the people who are making huge salaries at those multi nationals are not commies. And to imply that they are all in with the global agenda is far too simplistic.
We mormons think of ourselves as disciples for Christ and any opportunity to rub shoulders with our brothers and sisters of other nations is seen as a blessing and opportunity to share the gospel.
The fact that middle class workers have lost jobs because of global elites furiously crafting their new world order is seen as conspiracy theory territory to the mormons I know.
And nobody talks about main street economics vs wall street economics.
Heck, mormons actually do mostly talk about their grandkids (and the highly paid job they just scored working for Goldman Sachs )….

dagnyshrug says:
February 16, 2018 at 4:28 pm
.InAZ–In this case Utah Mormons will be directly responsible for setting off a chain of events that will eradicate all religious freedom from the US. Romney’s shenanigans in congress will likely get us an atheist POTUS in 2020, who will finish the job Obama started.

MaineCoon says:
February 16, 2018 at 6:29 pm
“The Mormon beliefs bashing does not do any good and does not contribute anything.”
Then why did Romney bash Trump?
And if Mormons don’t agree with bashing, why didn’t they publicly chastise Romney’s bashing of Trump?

sunnydaze says:
February 16, 2018 at 2:40 pm
Jenny, is there a “Mormons for Trump” group?
If not, you and a few like-minded people may want to start one.
Put all the great vids. showing Trump’s compassion, etc. for others on there….the Farmers in GA., the “Trump Family I know” vid., etc etc. There are a ton of them.

Liked by you and 1 other person

February 16, 2018 at 2:53 pm
Early on everyone in my life, especially my theatre friends, slowly backed away when I endorsed Trump three years ago.
My husband and kids were deeply embarrassed that I kept hollering for Trump, but the CDCWhistleblower story was fresh in my mind and I felt like Trump was our last hope.
I do not know any mormons who openly support Trump on the web.
As far as I know I am the only Mormon Mom Blogger who does.
There was a ton of virtue signaling by the popular bloggers:
The general feeling I get from most of my mormon pals is that they wish I would just shut up.
But I have free speech and use it daily…
I especially love making snarky videos using pop culture gifs and songs…

“We can’t handle the TRUTH?” #ReleaseTheMemo Lord of the Rings Edition @JennyHatch

An error occurred.

Try watching this video on www.youtube.com, or enable JavaScript if it is disabled in your browser.

Liked by 5 people

sunnydaze says:
February 16, 2018 at 3:28 pm
Just wish there was a twitter account “Mormons for Trump”, like there was for other “groups” who were imagined as Anti-Trump during the Primaries.
It addresses what you’ve spoken of in a way, because it allows others to feel connected with like-minded people.
Ex-Dems4Trump

Blacks4Trump

BernieBros4Trump

Hispanics4Trump
etc etc
Why not a “Mormons4Trump”?

Liked by you and 2 other people

February 16, 2018 at 4:29 pm
Well, I am not a big joiner.
I am a Libertarian and I have my blog and I don’t write to make money or get clicks.
I do have a friend Kate Daley who is a radio host and Mormon Trump supporter, but starting a group?
Not really my thing.
I believe in the power of one.

SharkDiver says:
February 16, 2018 at 3:40 pm
LOL!!! I like you!

Kolob says:
February 16, 2018 at 5:40 pm
There are lots of us on the subreddit the_donald. In my neighborhood most members support Trump, but I don’t run in theater circles. Lots of business owners here.

Liked by you

Kolob says:
February 16, 2018 at 5:41 pm
Also a former Relief Society General President was at a Pence rally openly supporting them, how much more public can you get?

Liked by you

February 16, 2018 at 10:58 pm
Which relief society president? I do not remember hearing much about that…

February 16, 2018 at 7:33 pm
You have never witnessed a hive mind like the theatre mind.
Progressives looking for the next gig who know that any political deviation on social media could blacklist them for life.
I was/am sympathetic. They work so hard for every skill that the idea of it all collapsing because they shared a political view? Pure terror. I really have no hard feelings about them treating me like a leper. It has just been a little lonely.
I was blessed a few years ago to work with an amazing group of older men in Utah who were mostly business men and theatre geniuses. Almost all were conservative and it was joyful to collaborate together.
They were prob one of the only theatre companies in the world that had a political philosopher and Ayn Rand objectivist as the President of the board of directors.
I was on the board and worked as the Entertainment Director for the company and it was a blast.

MaineCoon says:
February 16, 2018 at 6:36 pm
Speaking of videos, I recall that on 2 occasions you posted videos you made and they were great, quite funny if I recall correctly. Hope you continue to post applicable videos to our content.

Liked by you

February 16, 2018 at 11:05 pm
Yes. I have been making snarky political videos on You Tube for a long time.
I used to make hippy hygiene kits (Mormons are known for our kits), and I would go to anti war demos and hand them out to the progs.
I made this one about 8 years ago:

Hippy Hygiene Kit -Fun W/Propaganda

An error occurred.

The hippies were always so fragrant, it was the least I could do.

AM says:
February 16, 2018 at 6:53 pm
“I do not know any mormons who openly support Trump on the web.”
I knew one, but she was very alt-right and it looks like she stopped blogging about a year ago. Wonderful lady – had a couple of chats with her on Twitter.

Joachim says:
February 16, 2018 at 3:23 pm
Niavety is maybe the biggest factor. Fake news (and multilevel marketing) are big in Utah.
Not sufficient time or resources for anyone to open enough eyes. Large fraction of Mormons mean well and assume the same of others, including institutions such as government and media. As Trump would say, SAD!

BAM says:
February 16, 2018 at 4:05 pm
Having some family that are Mormon, I have to agree with you. While I love my sibling, I have come to the conclusion over the past year that he is naive, meant in the British sense as I gather you mean, trusting, expecting people to be “good”, not the general American sense, foolish. He’s had very little experience in the dog eat dog world of business or politics and thus cannot conceive how evil people can be while smiling in your face.

SharkDiver says:
February 16, 2018 at 3:25 pm
Thanks for the insight. I grew up in Colorado with several close Mormon friends/girl friends. Played in their basketball leagues and attended many of their dances. We fell out of touch and went our separate ways once they went on missions and moved to Utah. I wish more people would see through Mittens, but unfortunately religion doesn’t often reward critical thinking.

dagnyshrug says:
February 16, 2018 at 3:38 pm
Romney will derail President Trump’s agenda–effectively crippling him and costing us the 2020 election. He’ll be no different from McCain, who most of us wish would retire. If Utah would rather have an atheist communist POTUS in 2020, then voting in another RINO obstructionist is the way to do it.

MIKE says:
February 16, 2018 at 3:58 pm
Please share as much as you can, Jenny. Thank you. Any thoughts on the deceptor, Mia Love?

Liked by you

February 16, 2018 at 4:25 pm
I was all in for her as the tea party candidate, esp since we were living in Utah at the time when she ran.
I have not followed her voting record enough to have an opinion on where she stands in regards to aligning with Trumps agenda.
What do you think of her?
We moved back to Colorado two years ago.
I was excited when Tancredo was going to run for governor, but he just dropped out of the primary…

MIKE says:
February 16, 2018 at 6:52 pm
I liked Mia in the beginning, but it appears she has been tainted by rinoism, like almost all the other TEA backed election winners, save for Dave Brat. I will remain optimistic; after all, one Nikki Haley was rescued by a brilliant chess move by our magnificent Lion.

Liked by you

Kolob says:
February 16, 2018 at 5:44 pm
I have met Mia enough times that she recognizes me when she sees me. I like her, but the nevertrumpers got to her and she has been corrupted. This is the kind that happens to good people. You can live your whole life in the church and never hear that kind of language and be shocked. In my experience the real dangerous men and women are the ones who look perfect and say all the right things. Long before the analysis here exposing McMuffin I knew he was a snake. I grew up and worked in harsher environments.

Liked by you and 1 other person

Justice says:
February 16, 2018 at 6:19 pm
There’s a certain sense in our church members that reeks of self-righteousness. It can greatly hinder someone’s greater instincts of understanding and compassion. Mia and too many Mormons are stuck in that mud…and make bad decisions because of it.
In other words, the Gospel is played like a game. And if you break one rule…you are out of the game. Dallin H. Oaks speaks about this problem in an address entitled…”Our Strengths Can Become Our Downfall.”
Something is seriously wrong with Mitt Romney. He’s not on our side, but he sure looks the part…and sadly, he will get the Mormon vote in Utah and win.

Liked by you

Kristin says:
February 16, 2018 at 5:39 pm
Thanks Jenny. I feel and hear your passion and your sincerity.

Liked by you

Justice says:
February 16, 2018 at 6:03 pm
Thanks for your posting Sister Jen. I’m a Mormon in Idaho and agree with your good assessments above. Yes, Mitt has already won, because he’s a Mormon. That’s the way our people vote unfortunately.
We have Mike Simpson here in Idaho serving in the House. Mormons vote in droves for him…but don’t ever look at his voting record. The Conservative Review grades him with an “F” with a Liberty Score of 36 percent. He’s a liberal, but always runs as a Republican to get that Mormon vote. Works every time.
Romney is a globalist who despises Donald Trump. But, Utah will still pick him and Romney will proceed to thwart everything POTUS is doing. It’s sweet revenge for Romney.
I’ve read through this entire thread as of around 4pm MST. There’s a few standard ill-informed Mormon bashing comments, but I’m impressed with everyone’s reaction to your postings. Thanks for opening up this thoughtful thread. I’m going to go put my horns back on my head now.

Liked by you and 1 other person

Galadriel says:
February 16, 2018 at 6:51 pm
As a former Mormon I would like to say that one of their biggest flaws is the way they love to revel in their persecution complex. There is very little self reflection in Mormonism, because the church is always given the benefit of the doubt. In other words, the attitude of Mormons is that it can’t be what’s wrong with them, or their church, it’s other people’s bigotry.

February 16, 2018 at 11:17 pm
Yeah, I take my horns off when I go out in public (or speak openly on the web – you never know who is monitoring through the iPhone) but once we get home, we all screw those horns back into place.
(Shhh, not supposed to talk about this so openly.)

Healthy Families Make A Healthy World!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w